Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend at Home

Reading:
Kitchen Sink - I got the print edition. I like it. I would like to submit.
The Other Boleyn Girl - Angie loaned it to me. Soapy retelling of the Henry VIII saga. Lots of historical details, very much in the "heaving bosom" genre, whether it knows it or not.
The NW Arkansas crime reports - Sept. 20 9 p. m. A student in Pomfret Hall reported an acquaintance sprayed Febreze while she was using her laptop until it damaged the computer screen.

Listening to:
Boozoo Bajou - Juke Joint II..this one is interesting. Some very good remixes, some not so good.
Dr. Dog - Takers and Leavers....Kate let me copy this. God, I love those harmonies.
The Zombies - "Tell Her No"

Watching:
Intimacy - emotionless, desperate, anonymous sex between two damaged people in drab London. It's the feelgood movie of 2001!
My Life Without Me - Dear god...seriously, now. Why am I doing this to myself? Sarah Polley is a great actress but this is a Lifetime movie all dressed down in maudlin "indie"-ness. Awful, awful, awful. Not even Mark Ruffalo could save it.
Weeds - The bloom is off the rose. This show has been stinking the past few weeks. Where are the moments like the one last season where she was watching the video of her husband? Now it's so farcical it's beyond relateability.

Making:
Blueberry lemon corn muffins.

No comments: