Monday, October 02, 2006

Rehab Is For Quitters

This Rep. Foley ordeal has got me thinking about the recent rash of public figures who entered a rehab facility directly following a public embarrassment - Mel Gibson, Patrick Kennedy, Kate Moss, I'm sure there are others. I think there's a 24 hour deadline for the publicists to send out the damage-controlling press releases. I wonder if the famous-and-rock-bottomed go because they really want to cure an addiction or because they just think it'll repair their image. I wish I could check into a swanky hospital/spa to improve my image! Can't I seem "humanized" by the whole experience? If I went to rehab could I maybe then get some sympathy?* And those "celebrity rehab" centers must make bank! I should open one here in the middle of the Ozarks. Privacy would not be a problem; the paparazzi wouldn't be able to stand the heat, hicks and hills (really only the hardiest of us can) and I swear I wouldn't allow schmoozing of any kind. Definitely not. That's probably one of the hardest parts of being a public figure. Maybe I can open a rehab center for schmoozers.

*Just kidding. I don't need your sympathy you patronizing a-holes!

And doesn't Mark Foley look like a pervy Jack Lemmon there?

2 comments:

DaddyRich said...

The man is a pathetic piece in a broken machine. I firmly believe they are ushered into 'rehab' by their handlers and give it about as much half-assed consideration they did their previous jobs. Just my quick two cents.

Alannah said...

I know....this man isn't an alcoholic, he's gay!