Thursday, November 30, 2006

$17 Million Per Film

So apparently Nicole Kidman is Hollywood's highest paid actress. Um, okay...but whateverthefuck for? Seriously...her last five movies were Fur, Bewitched, The Interpreter, Birth and The Stepford Wives which collectively, I'm guessing, earned barely $200 million. I can see why Reese Witherspoon or Drew Barrymore are highly paid, as they've got the lucrative romantic comedy market cornered. Not to mention those last five Nicole Kidman films STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN! Well, I don't know about Fur; I haven't seen it, but come ON, Nicole Kidman as Diane Arbus? I don't even think she's that great of an actress. Her Best Actress performance in The Hours? It was nowhere near as good as Meryl Streep's. But clearly, no one's paying me for my opinion. You bargain hunters get that for free.

9 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I'll agree with you 100%! I have not even seen one of her last five films... possibly not even one of her last ten films. Grim.

Alannah said...

I dunno....$17 million can get you a LOT of African babies though....

[Cherry] Ride said...

Nicole got the award for that prosthetic nose.

I kinda liked The Interpeter.

Alannah said...

Meryl Streep's real nose can act circles around Nicole's fake one. I know, I know...it's the "get ugly to get award" deal.

Would you pay someone $17 million for The Interpreter?

Collective Heartburn said...

I said...

I have a bigger nose than both of them so I want $17 million.

Alannah said...

I thought size didn't matter

Collective Heartburn said...

It's the nose's character

Alannah said...

So you have a lot of...uhh, character?

Collective Heartburn said...

You know what they say. A lot of nose...