Monday, November 27, 2006

Big Faker

I've always bought (or cut down myself) real evergreens for Christmas trees, justifying it by knowing the old trees are recycled to use as fish habitats in local lakes. Although I love the smell of a fresh tree, I wanted a change. I got a vision of a shiny pink house.

Here is the girliest (or gayest) tree ever:
And then these little ones are up on the mantle:
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have the living room covered in pink and silver.
Chickie likes it too.

7 comments:

Lori Mocha said...

I love your disco ornamentation.

carolyn says said...

you need to hanbg up a john wtaers picture someplace to complete the campness

Alannah said...

It's gonna get a lot more pink and silver before it's all said and done. I still have to find pink Christmas lights and silver garlands.

Hmmm, instead of John Waters, how about I just get fat enough to dress up as Divine?

carolyn says said...

actually i just had a genius idea, librace ornaments! they woiuld be perfect

and if you want to get as huge as divine that's cool too, just watch the facial hair

Alannah said...

that's a good idea. I think I'll channel Liberace when I'm decorating.

carolyn says said...

that means you'l need an attractive young man to help you decorate as well. liberace would want it that way.

my gramma could never understand why he wasn't married.

Alannah said...

Okay consider this a public appeal for a handsome shirtless man for tree-trimming, lights-hanging and catbox cleaning.