Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dinner Recap

Last night I made one of Stella's favorite dinners: fish tacos. I don't make mine Baja style (battered & fried with cabbage and white sauce). Instead I coat the fish (tilapia last night) in cornmeal and spices and quickly fry it. I only use corn tortillas because white tortillas are nasty. In my experience with composting, white tortillas could sometimes take WEEKS to break down....think of that happening in your digestive tract. Gross. On to yummier topics. Last night I served the tacos with a mango/black bean/habenero salsa and freshly chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro and lettuce and of course limes to squeeze on top. Ang uncorked a bottle of Baileyana pinot noir that was light and fruity enough to complement the spice and fish deliciously.We topped it all off with a few spoonfuls of chocolate hazelnut gelato and the newest episode of Top Chef (which used to be the unwanted stepchild of Project Runway but is now growing on me).

No comments: