Sunday, November 05, 2006

Easy Like....

There is nothing bad about Sunday Mornings. They are, without a doubt, the best time of the weekend. Friday nights are still jittery, Saturdays are for TCOB, Saturday nights are a crapshoot...but Sundays a given. They're relaxed and quiet and follow their own path. They're staying in bed longer; they're steamy tea or coffee; they're crossword puzzles and This American Life and CBS Sunday Mornings; they're lazy brunches; they're ignoring the Shoulds for just a few hours...they just fucking rule, Sunday Mornings.
View from the couch.

Sunday mornings feel the same even when it's sunny. Hopper got it right.
The Velvet Underground got it right too; there might always be a tinge of melancholy. It's fun to do a Flickr search for "sunday morning" tags. There seems to be a hazy solidarity in the pictures, understanding the intangible feel of right now. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone. I hope you get to do exactly what you want.

2 comments:

Lori Mocha said...

They are still mornings and I still hate them.

Alannah said...

Oddly enough, I've switched a lifetime preference for nights to early mornings. I think it's because when Stella was little the only time I had to myself was after she went to bed. Now she goes to bed later than I do sometimes so the only time I have truly to myself is early mornings. I'll take what I can get.