Sunday, November 19, 2006

Functions Like Bhaktin's Carnival

Sometimes I need a break from parenting and working and just BEING so badly I think I will implode.

So I go somewhere, by myself, and experience a short period of time in which I'm not a mother, or an employee or daughter...and I get a taste of what it's like to not be needed or have behavior expected of me...and in that small window, it's absolutely intoxicating.

Of course there's the inevitable eventual hangover and soon I crave, with every cell in my body, to be back at home with Stella and Angie and the pets. But not before I've gotten to do exactly what I want.

Birthday Girl Kristin
Kelli singing Elton John by the fire.
Tortilla man at Casa MaƱana.
Their flag is bigger than yours. You know what that means.
Arkansas's nuclear reactor. I was in a hurry to get home. And I was driving with one hand.

No comments: