Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sick

Yesterday was one of the worst in recent memory. I became suddenly violently ill around 3am and stayed that way all day. I rarely get sick, especially like yesterday where I couldn't even keep water down.

All I could do was lie in bed and moan. I watched four, count 'em FOUR, Kathy Griffin stand-up specials, three episodes of CSI and all the Six Feet Unders they show on Bravo on Mondays.

I'm feeling much better today. I might even go to work. Naaaaah.

And now my system's all cleaned out and ready for all the pies we're baking tomorrow.

3 comments:

carolyn says said...

oh yuck, i'm glad you're feeling better and ready for pie. it's always the worst when you have to miss out on pie.

Kate said...

I'm so sorry honey. Was it something you ate for dinner. Ick. Don't be sick for thanksgiving. Do you have tomorrow off?
We're going to bake and drink wine on Thursday and then go up to Ithaca to see Masie and Duncan for the weekend. Did you hear they got engaged? They're in Fayetteville right now. Maybe you've run into them.
Feel better and enjoy those pies!

Alannah said...

yeah it's weird...I couldn't trace it to anything I'd eaten but it sure did fit the description of food poisoning. I haven't been that sick in a LONG time. Luckily I had an excellent caretaker. I only have off Thurs. and Fri. Tomorrow, as you remember, Kate, is Pie Day at Mommom's. I haven't seen Masie and Duncan because I can't leave the house, but if I do I'll be sure to congratulate them.