Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tentative Menu

Main Dishes
Turkey (duh) - my grandmother is baking it.
Salmon - me, haven't decided what I want to do with it; I just want an alternative to turkey.

Sides
Stuffing - me, traditional cornbread 'n' sage stuffing (or, technically DRESSING since we're not stuffing the actual bird).
Green bean casserole - Jess...and god how I wish she'd branch out and make something different, tastier and healthier. How f'in hard is it to throw some cans together and shove it in the oven? For the love of god, please show some innovation one year. Okay, sisterly rant over.
Squash dish - me, haven't decided yet....leaning toward a butternut squash gratin.
Bread - Jess...again, will probably be frozen or pre-packaged rolls. I shouldn't complain; she's a busy woman. But I do because I'm a food snob bitch.
Salad - Mom. I have complained plenty about her cooking when I was a kid but she can make a mean salad.
Rice dish - Mom. I'll reserve judgment until I've tried it.
Sweet Potatoes - ME, goddamnit, because I can't stand that covered-in-marshmallows shit.
Cranberry relish - me (cook fresh cranberries down w/ orange juice. That's it).

and...the best part...

Pies (My grandmother and Stella are making all but apple tonight)
Chocolate - family recipe, meringue-topped
Pumpkin
Pecan
Coconut Cream - not sure about this one but I'm really hoping they make it
Apple - Jess
Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Caramel Swirl - Stella and I are making this tonight, per her request

Wines
Just keep 'em coming. I will be with family all day, after all.

Pounds to be gained - approximately a kajillion

3 comments:

Lori Mocha said...

Be happy I am not your sister, my contribution would be a two liter of Mountain Dew.

Kate said...

I'll miss you guys (at least the first thirty minutes when everyone is still happy - i'll be thankful i'm here when the shit hits the fan. haha). But I will mostly miss the Thanksgiving eve pie baking tradition. Just know I am baking sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie at my place with friends and wine tonight. I love you.

Alannah said...

I thought Mommom and I were the only ones who liked sweet potato pie! Yummmm. I love you and will miss you too! Thank you for loving me even though I'm a bitchy monster sister.