Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Nog It

I was given a bottle of eggnog at our party the other night and quickly set it aside. Besides knowing that eggnog would NOT be the right choice on top of champagne, red wine and an empty stomach, I also instinctively knew that pre-bottled alcoholic eggnog would have to rely heavily on artificial binders and non-dairyness. Fresh eggnog isn't so bad, it can taste good, even, if it's made with quality ingredients and lots of nutmeg.

This is a good article on the history of eggnog, the annual holiday treat. Here's hoping I won't have to write the word "eggnog" for another year.

3 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I am afraid of the bottled alcoholic eggnog. How hard is it to add alcohol to eggnog?

Lori Mocha said...

Eggnog sucks.

Yes, I am super witty.

Alannah said...

Pre-bottled alcoholic mixed drinks are generally a good idea to stay away from....but particularly eggnog.