Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Trying To Wrap My Brain Around Such A Figure

So the CEO of Goldman Sachs, Lloyd Blankfein, gets a $53.4 MILLION bonus this year. Over a million dollars a WEEK, if you think about it (yeah, yeah, taxes will take nearly half...but STILL...a million every other week then). If I wasn't so busy anxiously awaiting my pathetically small monthly child support payment I'd be thoroughly disgusted.

Did I mention that because of the timing of starting my new job that I didn't get a Christmas bonus AT ALL this year? Yeah...that stings a little.

How's about a small loan, Mr. Blankfein? Say...$1,000? You'd never notice it missing....

8 comments:

NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

What's Goldman Sachs?

Can I call my self a CEO? I'm the CEO of www.thegancer.blogspot.com.

There. Now I'm a CEO. Where's my 50 mil. bonus??????

Alannah said...

Hey...Can I borrow a grand from you?

Collective Heartburn said...

Don't you first have to offer a service before asking for a donation?

carolyn says said...

did i ever mention that while i don't work for goldman sachs, i do work at goldman sachs as a contingent employee.

sometimes i get voicemails from mr blankfein. he has yet to dance through my floor throwing £20 notes nilly willy though. my fingers are crossed

Alannah said...

No donation - loan.

If he loaned me $1,000, I'd dance through your floor throwing pound COINS, Carolyn..that'd be fun.

carolyn says said...

sweet, i'll keep bucket and a hard hat at the ready!

5 of 9er said...

No bonus... but you'll get your child support payment!

I did not get a bonus this year... first time ever. My boss gave me a pair of shoes. Yep.

Alannah said...

Shoes?? Were they nice shoes at least?