Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Freedom Isn't Free"

This will probably alienate some readers and, well, I'm prepared for that...but I don't care for cartoons. There, I said it. South Park? No thank you. The Simpsons? Maybe a long time ago but not no mo'. Family Guy? No matter how many times you try to tell me it's hilarious I still won't watch it, same goes for Adult Swim, Aqua Teen Whatever Blah Blah or any of that ilk. This isn't new - I hated Ren and Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead. I only watch animated films for kids because I'm a mom. And oooh, I really hate this trend towards inside jokes for the grown-ups watching. It's gross. And annoying. And takes away from what should make movies appealing to kids.

However, that said....I relented to peer pressure and watched Team America for the first time tonight. Puppets aren't exactly animation but it's from the South Park dudes so I was verrrry skeptical. And okay, fine...I laughed. A lot. I blame the catchy tunes.

4 comments:

Collective Heartburn said...

But you must have appreciated King of the Hill?

miss marty said...

how do you feel about stop motion clay animation? like wallace and gromit? just curiou....

Anonymous said...

uhh...and Heavy Metal...Donald Fagan on the soundtrack...uhh...super duper.

Alannah said...

oh Wallace and Gromit...I like that. But probably just because it was British and cute. Heavy Metal? I saw it years ago and it was so drugged out and nonsensical....it didn't make much of an impression on me.