Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Free Association Time

If any of y'all are writers and are stuck finding character names, I highly suggest raiding your bulk mail folder. Spammers do all the work for you! I'm thinking of writing a Tales of the City-esque play about an apartment building and its inhabitants...and all the names are coming from my spam emails. The characters emerge from the names themselves in my brainstorm sessions. Such as:
  • Dionysius Cabrales (drag queen)
  • Jerrold Trevino (milquetoast accountant)
  • Felicia Sheldon (fresh off the farm truck)
  • Paige O'Leary ("mama" to everyone in the building)
  • Mack Monroe (smooth operator, ladies man)
  • Deandre Gillis (know-it-all young teenager)
  • Trenton Aldrich (professor emeritus, always quoting tomes)

Do you get good spam names? What kinds of characters do you imagine them to be?

1 comment:

NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Those are doozies, and some great descriptions! My buddy has a client named Anita Crap. Also, I have to say that Rick Darris from the Kevin Smith movies is the all-time asshole name.