Friday, January 26, 2007

A Lot On My Mind

Last night I watched Friends of God: A Road Trip With Alexandra Pelosi. What a terrifying, frustrating, unintentionally hilarious and educational experience. I have more to say on the subject but don't have time to formulate it. I'll just say that people who are encouraged to "vote your values" somehow seem to forget dying civilians in Iraq, victims of hurricanes, and the poor in America and instead are focused on evolution taught in classrooms, gay marriage, and abortion. Too bad those "Christian values" appear so exclusive.

All the good movies are finally opening in Fayetteville. Okay people, let's go!

I have to miss Stella's spelling bee today. I hate that. I love going every year. It makes this former 1989 Carroll County 1st runner-up spelling bee champ proud. Damn that word "maraud!"

I really need to take a trip soon. It hasn't been since August, y'all. Arkansas is making me stir-crazy.

10 comments:

carolyn says said...

laureate got me in the district finals in the fifth grade.

fucking laureate!

also, come to london, we have a house you can stay in

Alannah said...

laureate is hard! At least you got out on a hard word...

Tickets to London are cheap right now. Don't tempt me. Let me know when you're all settled into the new abode.

5 of 9er said...

I was always a terrible speller and reader as a child... and so spelling bees were not good times for me. I was always out in the first round with words like THEIR and ENDOSCOPY. :(

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Although we can't compete with London, you should come to Chicago. All the cool people are here.

Alannah said...

I do love Chicago. I was there in May and am long overdue for another visit. Tickets are even cheaper to go there!

miss marty said...

North Carolina has something that both London and Chicago can't compete with- warm sunny weather! It's gonna be in the 60's tomorrow! That's one of the only things it has going for it though. Well, that and me.

Alannah said...

And that's a lot, Marty.

carolyn says said...

london is warm in the summer, and sometimes in the spring, except when it's raining, and that's part of the charm! plus it's totally acceptable to eat chips (and by chips i mean fries) for breakfast.

5 of 9er said...

Chicago has free drugs!

Alannah said...

It's the only way anyone can live through your winters.