Friday, January 05, 2007

Ode To Martha

I'm keeping with the Friendly Friday theme. For southern women it's considered horribly uncouth to be photographed smoking, but I do so love this picture of my friend Marty. I hope she forgives me. She introduced me to my new favorite food, pupusas, the Salvadoran delicacy.
She's awesome in about four hundred other ways as well, such as making kickass dance mixes, mixing a delicious salty dog, giving personal and thoughtful gifts, and snagging both an incredible husband and cats. She's talented and smart with an innate sense of justice. Just don't ever ask her how the weather is up there.

5 comments:

carolyn says said...

we ate pupusas almost every day when we were in san francisco this summer. stuffed with beans and chees and flowers and cheese and just cheese, accompanied by cabbage salad and salsa and jarritos soda (the thing i miss the most about america, even more than top shelf ramen in the blue back is jarritos soda)

Alannah said...

I love the tamarindo soda. Or the big glass bottles of Mexican coke. I crave pupusas every day now.

carolyn says said...

i love the mandarino and the pink ones, all of the pink ones, whatever flavor they may be, they are perfect for hot summer days

miss marty said...

i miss pupusas almost as much as i miss my ladies.

Alannah said...

Plane tickets less than $230! Maybe later this spring? I want to see the beach...