Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Recommendation

Last night I caught a fascinating documentary on PBS. Shadya is the story of Shadya Zoabi, an Israeli Arab girl who is a karate champion and considers herself a Muslim feminist. Her story is compelling and gives a real insider's view into her life and what it means to be a young woman living in Israel as a Muslim, an athlete, a daughter, a sister and, eventually, a wife.

I didn't watch it from the beginning and fell asleep before it was over so I'm really hoping they air it again.

See...I don't just watch crap on television. That said...I'm anxiously awaiting tonight's Top Chef.

3 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

So I take it you didn't watch the season premiere of "Idol"?

Kate Massey said...

Woo-hoo! Top Chef tonight, and although I said on my blog I would stay home and watch it on my birthday, plans have changed and I'm missing it. I think they will replay it on Thursday, so I won't read your blog tomorrow knowing you will give it all away. It will be so tempting not to cheat, but I must be strong :)

Alannah said...

Haha..no Idol. I can't handle all those vocal acrobatics.

Kate, I won't write about Top Chef and yes, they will replay it about 10 times before next week so don't worry. Do you know about the Top Chef blogs on bravotv.com? TOTALLY ADDICTING.