Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sorry Y'all

I don't really post on the weekends anymore because somehow I done got myself a boyfriend. I'm not quite sure how it happened...I was just minding my own business celebrating Boxing Day with Jessica when the brilliant idea of playing 80s Trivial Pursuit popped in our heads and we invited the nice gentlemen with whom we'd been sharing a table and conversation to join us. The rest, as they say....well....shouldn't be said. Not in polite company, that is. I know, I know....you're going to tell me you aren't polite company. But I am.

So now I spend my weekends holed up, building and stoking fires, making delicious meals, listening to NPR weekend shows, baking cakes, listening to D. play music, petting Lucy dog, and wishing Saturday and Sunday were longer than the other days. Not all that different from how I spent weekends before; it's just sharing them with good company makes them that much better.

Fire

Lucy

8 comments:

Kate Massey said...

Awwwwww, good company is a good thing to have.

Alannah said...

Yes indeed. The dead of winter doesn't feel quite as cold.

carolyn says said...

that's a better reason for being away for your blog than any i've ever heard. i think i'd ditch plenty of people for time with lucy (except oliver tough, he remains first in my heart)

Lori Mocha said...

I want a winter honey!

Alannah said...

I'm not gonna lie; it's pretty nice.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Congratulations! Nothing better than sharing cold winter weekends with someone to love!

5 of 9er said...

So mushy... so good. And I love the '80s version. Just don't play it with Cherry Ride... he takes the fun out of it. :) He's a rule snob.

Alannah said...

The 80s edition is kind of hard. I was a kid during the 80s so the history and political stuff are hazy memories at best.

I AM mushy! It is good!