Monday, February 26, 2007

New Ride & Weekend Update

Since it was requested, here's a picture of my new car (and Me. And Lucy).


Last weekend I took a group of eleven students from nine different countries on a trip to our state capital. In addition to seeing the Clinton Presidential Library, Central High historic site, and the capitol building, we visited the Heifer International ranch. It was an incredible trip and unfortunately I don't have time to go into detail about it. It stormed all Saturday morning but by the time we got to the Heifer Project, the skies cleared and it turned into a beautiful early Spring-kind of day. Here I am at the Heifer ranch. I love my job.


Last night our Japanese student made us dinner (don't worry, Five Forty guys, no yakitori), a delicious beef chirashi dish, and I made gyoza and we all sat around the low coffee table, sipping sake and watching the Oscars. A perfect ending to a great weekend.

(I hate having my picture taken.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna pimp yo ride? 20 inch rims, tinted glass?

Alannah said...

I'm thinking that could be another good way to embarrass my daughter so I may consider it.

carolyn says said...

i could knit you some dice for the rearview mirror

and a steering wheel cover! no joke, i have patterns

carolyn says said...

i also meant to say that i could knit them in totally embarrassing colors, just for stella!

Alannah said...

I think knitted steering wheel covers would be embarrassing to Stella enough on their own.

I LOVE IT!

lagrandedame said...

That's a great pic of you!

Alannah said...

Thank you sweet Ang!

StormySleep said...

Hey, that's a fantastic photo of you in front of the lake. You have a great smile, Alannah, and you look so happy.

5 of 9er said...

Love it! Thanks for posting pictures! Cute dog.