Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yes, It Still Has Traces Of That Smell

I did something that terrifies me today. I sat in a car dealership and signed papers to buy a new (used) car. It's by far the shiniest, newest, prettiest car I've ever owned.

This is a big deal for me in lots of ways. I knew this year would be a big year for me, but I didn't know that by February I'd be looking for a house with the greatest guy ever, challenged and happy with my job, or buying a car. I'm overcoming a lot, deprogramming my psyche of all the negative dialogues imprinted since childhood, facing a lot of fears, and feeling so fulfilled and at peace in this relationship. This is it, y'all. This is what progress looks like.

I imagine this is how it must be for "normal" people.

5 comments:

Matt said...

There is no normal.

Alannah said...

Hence the quotation marks.

StormySleep said...

yeah, normal, that's so funny. i think feeling good about yourself and loving your job and being in love with a compatibly perfect someone is about as abnormal as it gets! Welcome to the abnormal club, I'm the new president, and I'm so happy for you.

5 of 9er said...

Post pictures of the new ride!!!

Brian said...

You bought a H2, didn't you...