Friday, March 23, 2007

Why Pay More?

In regards to this whole tainted pet foods ordeal, I must say I'm so glad I don't spoil Chicklet with canned food. She gets the leftover cans of tuna when I'm making tuna salad and once in a while I'll splurge for the $1-a-tiny-can organic cat food from the health food store but for the most part she only eats dry food. D. feeds Lucy canned dog food and thank god it wasn't a tainted brand. Canned pet food is gross anyway...it's just the leftovers from the slaughterhouses, isn't it? I wish I could be Super Pet Owner and make my own healthy, organic meat food for the pets but I don't. It's expensive enough just feeding that to my child. I can't be Super Everything. I can only once in a blue moon be Super Anybody.

Also, if anything this latest news plus the salmonella peanut butter scare from a few weeks ago should teach people that it's stupid to pay more for expensive name brands.....it all comes from the same (tainted, poison-infested) processing plant! I ain't too proud to buy generic. If it poisons me, at least I'll comfort myself knowing I saved a few extra dollars.

5 comments:

Jeannie's New Mid Life said...

OK it's like my Fabio label where's the political content??!

carolyn says said...

yikes, we give oliver a pouch of whiska's wet each day but that's mostly because we don't have his cat flap set up yet and we feel guilty

Phil said...

I(ts all about Purina One dry for my dog, which no longer is residing with me because the Ol Lady decided to let a 64 pound kid walk a 70 pound dog since she didnt want to go outside on a cold december morning, and never ever ever any table scraps...

5 of 9er said...

My pudders get dry food. I feel so bad for all of those people who have pets who got sick or died because of the food they were eating. :(

Matt said...

We give our cats canned food once in a blue moon. I walked in Saturday and Vicky was dishing some up for them so I grabbed the can and checked online. Crisis averted.

Ironically, our retarded cat would have been the only survivor. She won't touch wet foot Not even tuna straight from the can.

BTW, they've identified the first human victim, in Toronto, I think.