Sunday, April 22, 2007

Allow Me To Spare You

I hate being disappointed by films.

Last night I watched Colour Me Kubrick, a film for which I'd only seen one short trailer. I fell for the oldest trick in the book - the trailer that features all of the film's funniest scenes in its 2 minutes. It looked quirky and funny and stars John Malkovich so I assumed it was a fairly safe bet.

I was wrong.

It's basically a film about one joke (a man who impersonated Stanley Kubrick without knowing much about him), a joke that is played out over and over AND OVER. Nobody can portray uncomfortably weird quite like John Malkovich, but in this case it's not in a good or funny way at all. He just comes off gross and hammy. Take my word for it and don't waste your time.

In other news, my sister leaves NYC today for the west coast. I'll miss having family in the city but can't wait to visit her in Portland.

I think I'll spend my Sunday working on jewelry and planning dinner. Next weekend we're going camping!

1 comment:

5 of 9er said...

I hate when the trailers give aways everything... especially when they give away the ending - but you do not know that until you see it. Lovely. Poop for bummer movies.