Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bragging Rights


I won't pretend to be blasé about my amazing daughter. In the past week, we have gone to TWO separate events where her work was chosen to represent the best of the Fayetteville public schools. A pastel drawing was chosen for this show (which I highly recommend to anyone living nearby. Go get a cup of coffee and see what amazing talent comes from our local kids!) and then her Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired building (above) was chosen as one of 31, out of 700 total, to be used a centerpiece at the Fayetteville Public Education Fund grant-awards dinner last night. All this coming from a girl who claims she's "not a good artist!?"

5 comments:

Step Right Up said...

One small (actually, not that small) step for the ARTIST, one giant leap for Public School education! You should be proud!

Lori Mocha said...

Fanfuckingtastic!

I am so proud. I got a little choked up. I am not kidding.

Alannah said...

Thanks, y'all! That makes me feel so good.

I'm proud too. It's moments like these that make up for all the eye-rollings, bad attitudes, whining, and complaining.

boleroid said...

that's totally sweet. props from the diorama club up north...

extracurricular said...

That's bloody amazing! She's so talented!