Thursday, April 12, 2007

Media Thoughts

I haven't been enjoying The Daily Show or Colbert Report as much lately. I'm not quite sure what it is....maybe the shtick has gotten a little too shtick-y. Samantha Bee seems more irritating. I'm tired of hearing about bears and the Saginaw Spirit. Even John Oliver isn't as dependably hilarious. I'll have to think about it some more and try not to fall asleep (I swear, Jon Stewart's voice works better than Ambien) so that I can observe with a more scholarly inquisitive eye. Am I just a critical, cranky-pants or does anyone else think so too?

My sister made me a mix CD months ago that I still just can't get enough of, particularly that song by Spoon, "I Turn My Camera On." I crank it up every single day on my way home from work and it makes everything right again.

Here's a good, short little article about my fantasy gay boyfriend/father figure/mentor Tim Gunn.

Oh, and speaking of THE BEST CHANNEL ON TV, Bravo...I'm glad Top Design is now over. I felt obligated to keep watching even though I was let down that Carisa never got the verbal bitch slap she deserved. If I was her carpenter it would have been a different story. Just keep rolling those eyes, you bratty little girl.

That's about all I got today.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Awwww, I'm glad you like it!!

Alannah said...

Are you kidding me? I'm driving Stella absolutely crazy listening to that CD over and over. It's awesome!

Lori Mocha said...

Yeah, I'm sorta over the whole talk show thing I think.

Kate said...

I'll make you another one! I have new music since then...

StormySleep said...

hey, that Samantha Bee has always irritated me! I used to love both shows (Jon Stewart more) but I haven't seen them lately because of my old age which is making me fall asleep. As the t-shirts say, old age ain't for sissies. It's rough, man.

Here, I'll give you Vonnegut's thoughts about old age:

Vonnegut once said that of all the ways to die, he'd prefer to go out in an airplane crash on the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro. He often joked about the difficulties of old age.

He said, "When Hemingway killed himself he put a period at the end of his life; old age is more like a semicolon."

I used to love the semicolon, it was my favorite punctuation mark, but he's so right, I'll have to rethink my position. :)

Alannah said...

Ha! Didn't he also say that the semicolon is the bastard child of the colon and comma?

I can barely stay awake either...and can I claim old age also?