Monday, April 30, 2007

A Whole Lot of Work for Two Days

Good things about our camping trip this weekend:

Bacon in the morning. Nothing like meat cooked in hot fat.
The communal tent under which we had our big feast on Saturday.

Pretty flags on display.

Stella beating the boys at baseball.

Cooling off in the river.

Lots of music. Special appearance by D. in the back on guitar!
Blurred people for privacy's sake.


Pictures never taken: Our new huge tent, our one million tick bites, fire-grilled pork tenderloin (marinated in balsamic vinegar, shallots, orange juice, thyme & rosemary), the fire dancer.

4 comments:

carolyn says said...

don't get lyme disease!

that looks like a great weekend, except for tick bites

Step Right Up said...

What do you mean no pictures of the fire dancer?! Color me disappointed.

Alannah said...

I think most Lyme-carrying ticks are the deer ticks of the northeastern US. I'm sure we're susceptible to all sorts of other tick-borne ailments down here though. I really hate them..they're vile creatures and, like mosquitoes, I cannot find it within me to respect their right to live. I could never be Buddhist.

Sorry I didn't get any good pictures of the fire dancer. It was very dark and my crappy flash would have ruined it.

5 of 9er said...

An you did not invite me... sniff sniff. Looks like you all had a hoot.