Tuesday, May 01, 2007

But Really I'm a Cat Person

I used to like makeover shows, but they just don't do it for me anymore (as D. snickers, knowing I just watched What Not to Wear on my lunch break). Instead, now, I like to watch dog training shows. They're just so much more satisfying than makeover shows. This involves more than just a haircut and some new clothes....these dogs must completely change their behavior...which, of course, means it's really the owners who must completely change their behavior. Last summer I watched the Cesar Milan dvds but now I've discovered the Doggy Dominatrix from It's Me or the Dog:
and the calm Monks of New Skete. I don't really know why, but the requisite "reveal" scenes that show how simply the dogs can be re-trained and how good they've become always makes me happy.

We don't ever really have any problems with Lucy; she's a very good dog. But these shows almost make me want a bad dog so I can experience the joy of rehabilitation.

4 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I think animal training/rehab shows are the next home makeover shows. There seem to be new ones popping up very week.

5 of 9er said...

I have not seen one of these animal training shows... and I don't really think it's my cup of tea. I'd rather watch What Not to Wear... mmmmm Stacy London.

Step Right Up said...

My fav animal show is Animal Cops/Animal Precinct on Animal Planet. It can really get you fired up if you're an animal lover.

Jeannie's New Mid Life said...

Hmmm..... what exactly does this say
about you Alannah? Something a little freaky maybe??!!