Wednesday, May 30, 2007

At Least She Doesn't Hate Me (Yet)

See these dorks? They're Fall Out Boy. And they'll be forever stuck in my memory now because they are the band that played at Stella's first concert. By first concert I mean the first rock concert she went to on her own, without being dragged along by me. She went instead with a group of girlfriends and came home last night hoarse and happy.

Yesterday we also had our first consultation with an orthodontist. By the beginning of summer my little girl, my adorable little baby, will have braces. Braces that will cost more than most of the cars I've owned. She can't wait. I'm just still trying to accept the fact that she's just growing up so fast, dammit. I think I'm about to get run over by that stealthy freight train called adolescence.

4 comments:

Step Right Up said...

Good for her for having a good time! I know I was ecstatic about getting my braces when I was 14 because my teeth were all jacked up. I hope her teen years are filled with more joy than angst for her sake as well as yours!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Hey it could be worse. My first concert was Journey back in '83 and I turned out alright.

(OK, that point is debatable, but anyway...)

Alannah said...

If loving Journey is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Thanks, Step Right Up! It made me want to cry when the orthodontist asked Stella what she hoped the results of braces would be and she answered, "Not being embarrassed of my smile."

5 of 9er said...

Aren't kids supposed to hate getting braces?