Monday, May 14, 2007

Worth Thousands of Words

I finally had a weekend in which I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. So I did a lot of cooking. This is a pizza I made. D. made the dough and I topped it with olive oil, garlic, a bigass sliced fresh tomato and spinach from the farmer's market, artichoke hearts, basil from my garden, red pepper, olives, green onions and mozzarella. This picture doesn't do it justice.
For Mother's Day I had my grandmother over for brunch and I made eggs benedict with the rest of the spinach and salmon and steamed asparagus. After she left we polished off the champagne and sat on our downstairs patio, taking in the Sunday.

Eventually motivation kicked in and Stella and I planted some flower and vegetable seeds.

I saw this plant for sale last weekend and knew I had to have it. I am afraid to tell y'all how much I paid for it. But look! Its blooms are so crazy and beautiful, like out of a Dr. Seuss book. They start as red balls that open and release a purple petal explosion!


Our backyard. The baby geese were hiding so I couldn't take their picture.

8 comments:

Step Right Up said...

Mmmm mmmm those eggs benedict look mighty tasty!

carolyn says said...

oh god, even though i am naseous and my stomach hurts right now i would still devour those eggs benedict and asparagus. i'm a fool for hollandaise

carolyn says said...

i meant nauseous, or should i say nauseated?

Alannah said...

I think it's nauseated. I have to remember that every time I'm tempted to say "nauseous" the proper term is probably "nauseated." I'm sorry either way, Carolyn!

That was my second attempt ever at hollandaise. The first attempt was 5 minutes earlier and it curdled.

5 of 9er said...

We need to be neighbors!

Step Right Up said...

Or maybe we need to be her grandma. What a lucky grandma!

Alannah said...

Oh how I wish we had y'all for neighbors (that's neighbours to you, Carolyn) instead of Franchelle, the Harley-riding retiree.

extracurricular said...

Everything looks so beautiful!