Friday, June 01, 2007

Mushy

I got students comin' and goin'. I've become an expert in international travel without ever stepping on a plane. I know every airport employee by face and speak a little too slowly and carefully most of the time.

I can't wait to show y'all pictures of Stella's latest project. It's nearly completed and I don't want to give anything away. I'm in love with her imagination.

This is a joke she made up a few months ago:

Q: Why does Snoop Dogg carry an umbrella?

A: Fo' drizzle.


Lori Mocha told me I should write more about D. How did we meet? What's our story? What's he like?

Well I'm working on it. I haven't wanted to write about some personal events and, really, our story's not all that interesting on the surface. Instead, the thrilling, life-altering bits that make for juicy reading are underneath and internal, little invisible miracles occurring every day. It's tempting to think I'm lucky but I know I've also worked really hard to get where I am. I have a lot to be grateful for.

Who else is excited about going to see Knocked Up this weekend?

4 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Richard, our friend Classy & Fancy and i saw it last night. Loved everthing about it. I will go out on a limb to say it will be one of my favorite movies of the year. Funny characters, intelligent writing.

What did you think?

carolyn says said...

it's not out in the UK yet but i can't wait to see Knocked Up. I really like Judd Apatow's ouevre (although i still haven't seen The 40 Year Old Virgin) and the actors and actresses he tend to work with. I have been enamored with Seth Rogan and Jason Segel since the days of Freaks and Geeks

also i think Stella has a solid carreer in comedy ahead of her. that joke is awesome.

5 of 9er said...

Still need to see it.

Lori Mocha said...

Oh fine, respect privacy and all that crap!