Monday, June 04, 2007

Quickie

Today is chaotic and I don't have time to write but I am anyway.

Knocked Up was everything (and more) that I wanted it to be. It's so rare to be thrilled and satisfied after walking out of a movie theater. It's funny, sweet, terrifying, close-to-home, and the most "real" film I've seen in a long time. The characters sound like real people having real conversations, only funnier.

D. deserves a public shout-out for cleaning the house both before AND after my family descended for a four-hour long brunch yesterday. I worked all weekend and he put up with my insane shenanigans and vocal complaints. I am a lucky girl.

5 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I need to go see that movie... everyone keeps telling me how great it is.

Step Right Up said...

It looks really funny. I will have to indulge. What about The Ex? Heard anything about that one? The previews look hilarious.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Agree wholeheartedly with your review of "Knocked Up." Would love to see it again.

NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I'm really glad they didn't call that movie Baby Daddy.

Alannah said...

"Baby Daddy" - ew.

I haven't heard about The Ex. What's it about?