Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Somehow Makes It All Worthwhile

An email I received this morning:

Hello Alannah!
I congratulate you with the main American Celebration – Day of Independence.
Please transfer my intimate congratulations to all employees of your remarkable center who remembers me. I wish all of you of good luck and health.
I thank all of you for the patience shown during work with me, I know I have intolerable character, please, forgive me. I recollect your lessons and care with gratitude.
Remember me with my photo from Russia.

8 comments:

StormySleep said...

At first I thought this was one of those spam emails -- I've received some that sounded kind of like this. When I realized it was a real email from one our your former students, it shifted and became so charming and sweet.

Happy 4th, from west of the Rocky Mountains.

carolyn says said...

oh man, i think the follow "I know I have intolerable character, please forgive me." is going to be my new email signature

Alannah said...

That's funny too, Carolyn, because he was NOT intolerable by a long shot. He was cantankerous and challenged American culture, but not at all intolerable.

Step Right Up said...

Reminds me of my good Finnish friend that lived in the states for a year. Her english greatly improved while she was here but I have noticed the longer she has been away from the US the funnier her sentences become. I love it!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Like Stormysleep, I too thought it was one of those spammers at first.

How cool to get an e-mail like that!

5 of 9er said...

I never get emails like that... I just get spam. Sniff Sniff.

Carrie said...

Alannah--Is this the student that wanted to study Organizational Behavior?

Alannah said...

Carrie,

Sadly, no. I haven't heard from him in a while. This student was from my most recent group.