Thursday, August 30, 2007

Better Than Spam Subject Lines

The other night D. and I stumbled upon one of the most unintentionally (I think?... I hope?) hilarious shows ever on PBS. It was a documentary about the Cat Fancier's Association International Cat Show. Best in Show? It's got NOTHING on cat people. NOTHING. I wish I could give every one of you the gift of watching that documentary.

Instead I'll give you a sampling of some past winners' names and pictures.

Enjoy. You can thank me later.

Budmar's Beyonce of Inthewind

Catsafrats Shine On of Agonistes

Fuzzy-Foot's Confetti of Deydream

Grand Premier Noblessa's Peace Maker of Stunning

Heartbeeps Stardust (my personal favorite cat name EVER!!)

Kissables Sensation (no, wait....this one's my favorite! Really!)

Velva's Bulletproof of Heartbeeps

Wishes Powder Sugar (that other stuff about favorite cat names? I take it back. Because this one's the best. For real)

11 comments:

carolyn says said...

they all look like they've been poked with something sharp just as the pictures were being taken. yikes

jeff mac, manslations.com said...

I agree with carolyn -- either poked or tasered.

Holy CRAP, do these things ever look inbred.

My personal favorite name is "Velva's Bulletproof of Heartbeeps."

Oh, there are some LONELY ladies out there somewhere caring for these creatures...

Alannah said...

Hey...YOU try getting a newly-groomed cat to look at a camera with anything other than an alarmed expression! It's not as easy as it looks.

I must be one of those lonely ladies. Geez.

Budmar's Beyonce of Inthewind was the winner in the documentary. The winners are held high above the crowd. One wriggled away and ran through the audience. It was so awesome.

step right up said...

Kissables Sensation? That's my nickname! For reals!

Alannah said...

I'm going to make you a puffy-painted sweatshirt with Kissables Sensation on it, then! And maybe some appliqued sequins.

5 of 9er said...

The last one... it just looks like a white puff.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Okay, all those cats are damn, creepy-looking!

carolyn says said...

oliver poses quite naturally without any poking or tasering, of course most his poses involve copious amounts of belly and that doesn't seem to be the trend in those pictures

smoore said...

darn, I missed that one! Bryan and I saw the one about cows last week, and I LOVED it!

ReckenRoll said...

This is awesome. Truly truly awesome. Thank you for sharing!

Wallfishwife said...

I don't know what to say. I thought the Scottish Fold Cat was bad.