Friday, August 17, 2007

Even More Food

Umm, in case you haven't noticed I've been particularly obsessed with food and cooking this week. Maybe it was having to eat exclusively in restaurants while on the bus trip. Maybe it's because the farmers' markets are super enticing right now. Maybe it's just because I love to cook and eat. Whatever it is, here's a sampling of the meals that came out of our kitchen last week:

Mahi Mahi poached in a lemon/olive oil/artichoke heart/basil sauce. Couscous with toasted pine nuts and a caprese salad.


Poached eggs on toast with heirloom tomato slices and fresh pesto.


Farmers' Market bouquet and brunch.


This was a dish I invented. It's baby eggplant, sliced and broiled, then layered with roasted red peppers, fresh tomato sauce, goat cheese and herbs, topped with parmesan and bread crumbs and baked a while.

Fettuccine with sautéed shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, fresh herbs and haricots verts (fancy French green beans).


Key lime pie sorbet with raspberries! This was much easier than I thought it would be.

9 comments:

jeff mac, manslator said...

Son of a BEE-sting. I think I just died. Dear, sweet Jebus.

Oh, and no, that's not me picking through your trash right now for leftovers.

Wow.

Alannah said...

Thanks, Jeff!

It's hard for us to even eat in restaurants anymore. We look at each other and ask, "Why did we just spend $40 (or more) on this meal when we could have made it better AND cheaper at home?"

Now I have to find the perfect chocolate cake recipe....

megan said...

OMG!!! No wonder you are so happy.

We should all eat like this...

Very inspiring!!

smoore said...

damn, girl! I'm coming over to your house! that's so impressive...

Alannah said...

Thanks Megan and Sarah....we do want to have a cookout sometime soon.

Sarah - speaking of food...are you going to the Slow Food event on Aug. 24 at Ella's?

Alisson said...

Ok, Ok. Enough of the pictures!!!
Everything looks soo good, I miss cooking with you. I am somewhat inspired but then not really, as I am on call tomorrow.
On Thursday one of my patients attacked someone and it was really scary. Hello to the real world and to anyone who doesn't believe in psychosis and schizophrenia!!

carolyn says said...

you should be a personal chef, for me.

those eggs look like heaven

carolyn says said...

also, i think that heirloom tomatoes are proof that there must be some kind of god. that kind of flavor can't be the result of an evolutionary accident. it must have come from some sort of divinity

step right up said...

If you would come to my house and cook like that I would kiss you square on the mouth!