Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oprah Moment

I was running some errands the other day....just going about my day when the immensity of this thought stopped me cold:

"I am happy."

Some of you who are reading this have known me a very long time, others not so much. Either way, this is kind of a big deal. I've been through some shit, as they say. I've worked really hard to get here but also realize that despite all my hard work there's something indefinable...maybe kismet, luck, chance, fate, who knows....to thank for where I am.

I'm in the best relationship I've ever been in. I have the best job I've ever had. My daughter's doing about as well as a middle-schooler can do. I have a plethora of supportive and diverse friendships. I feel stable, fulfilled, blessed, challenged, and very, very lucky.

Gratitude - it feels good.

14 comments:

StormySleep said...

I lift a glass to your happiness, from one happy person to another. It's a great club!

Afro Moon said...

You're welcome.
Kidding.
You kick major ass and deserve the best!
Now, can we get a drink sometime?!
Interobang!

smoore said...

that's so wonderful, and I'm so happy to hear that you're in such a great place in your life! relish the moment :-)...

Alannah said...

Thanks Lori, Kelly, and Sarah!

Kelly - um, yes please. You name the day/time. Friday margaritas?

Sarah - I'm hoping to run into you at Arsaga's some morning soon!

Step Right Up said...

Hold on to that happiness. Good for you!

Alannah said...

thanks!

I guess one good thing about being in the trenches for so long is that you sure do appreciate the good life when it happens!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Congratulations!

Now keep it to yourself and stop rubbing it in.

Totally kidding. I am seriously happy for you.

carolyn says said...

awesome!

Lori Mocha said...

Send some this way please.

megan said...

Thanks for sharing your happiness. It is so great to hear when people are doing well. I hope this happiness will stay with you a long time...You deserve it.

smoore said...

I'm at the Law School Arsaga's every morning around 8-8:15am for my daily dose, so keep an eye out for me!

Jeff Mac, Manslator said...

Woohoo! I love it when that happens. Kind of makes all the crapola more tolerable, doesn't it?

Jeannie's New Mid Life said...

I love catching up with your blog!!!! I am so glad for your happiness-!

sarahfisch said...

Yaaayy!!