Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bourdain Report

Kelly really said it best when she wrote, "I was glad to see Anthony Bourdain was just as lanky, funny, vulgar, witty and charming in real life."

I concur.

He had an ideal audience - everyone loved everything he had to say and laughed and clapped in all the right places.

I liked what he said about true cuisine artistry being a result of poverty. Filet Mignon is boring, he said. Escargot? There's no way that was invented by a chef. I believe that - that creativity abounds when there are limits placed. I know I've whipped up some crazy, but crazy-good meals when it's a week to pay day and I've got to rely on whatever I can scrounge up in the kitchen.

And his inscription in Angela's book included the word (god forgive me if my grandmother is still reading this) "skullfuck."

He certainly did not disappoint.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

That's an interesting inscription. I bet he's the first celebrity ever to use that word in an autograph.