Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Photo Hodge Podge

We received this catalog the other day called My Twinn. It's the creepiest thing ever! What kind of a freaky miniature narcissist wants a doll that looks just like her? And what parent would indulge that sort of behavior? This is how societies fall apart!
This is a signature dish. Salmon poached in red curry/coconut milk. Jasmine rice. Asian slaw of napa cabbage, red peppers, cucumber, green onion, dressed with toasted sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce. If you are around me longer than a month or so, then I've probably cooked this for you.

Last weekend was our big biker rally. It's a spectacle.

Sexy Native American ladies seemed to be a popular decorative motif. And of course the flag. Because nothing is, uh, more patriotic than sexy Native Americans, the flag, and the untamed wilderness? All that's missing is a yellow ribbon.

Baby biker wear. Gotta target market every possible age!

And, of course...no cultural photo essay of mine would be complete without the requisite misogynistic t-shirt.

Mullets for Jesus were back again this year. I failed to get a photo of the guy with the megaphone yelling at the passers-by. He also held a large sign that helpfully included all the sins he was charging us with. I thought I was doing pretty good until I saw he'd listed "Potty Mouth." Shit! Failed again!

7 comments:

5 of 9er said...

You really need to make a coffee table book of just random photos. It would be a great coversation starter at get-togethers. :)

Susan said...

Hi, just found your site through the Manslator. Great collection of random photos! And I agree that the My Twinn / American Girl look alike dolls are creepy -- and expensive from what I recall. For those prices, I'd expect them to make my daughter's (and my) bed and help me with the dishes.

Step Right Up said...

I've got a new t-shirt slogan for ya:
Keep Drinking til the Excuse You Plan On Using, to Call In With, Sounds Legit.
Probably too long, huh?

And good golly Miss Molly, I want some of that curry/coconut goodness!

Lori Mocha said...

I want some asian slaw AND a twin doll made in my likeness.

In that order.

Keep drinking until you don't care about gender, is my t-shirt.

Lori Mocha said...

I AM SO HUNGRY.

Alannah said...

Come down to Arkansas - I'll cook for you and you can get tons of material down south.

Phil said...

CAUSE NOTHING SAYS PATRIOTIC LIKE NEKKID NATIVE AMERICAN LADIES, AND THE FLAG OF THE WHISKEY BEAD TRADING SAVAGES THAT SWIPED THEIR LAND! LOVIN IT!