Friday, November 09, 2007

Blahg Post

I'm feeling under the weather so I can't be my usual entertaining self. Sorry, internet.

Here's some things I've been up to:
  • Listening to the same song over and over and over. This summer it was "Heart it Races" by Dr. Dog. Now it's "Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley. It's a good thing I'm usually listening to it in my car, alone...or I'd drive other people completely insane.
  • Reading to this month's Vanity Fair. There's a great article about Serge Gainsburg, his life, his legacy, and his apartment in Paris. Also an article about that supercreep, Lou Perleman. I'm about to read the one about the fall out between the Gores and the Clintons.
  • Wondering how on earth anyone could NOT THINK waterboarding is torture. SIMULATED DROWNING. WATER IN YOUR LUNGS. I get very upset thinking about this. There was a thing on PBS the other night about U.S. "detention facilities" in other countries and I couldn't watch it. I just can't take it sometimes.
  • Wishing weekends lasted about 200% longer.

4 comments:

carolyn says said...

my current song is challengers by the new porographers. it's good that jeremy was in munich this week or he would have gone nutz

step right up said...

There was a fallout between the Gores and Clintons? Where have I been?

Alannah said...

Gore wanted to distance himself from Clinton as much as possible during his presidential run...he didn't want any Lewinsky-ness to tarnish his campaign, I guess.

Carolyn - I've got to check that song out!

Stephanie said...

The White Album in my car cd player. On the way to school in the mornings the boys love Rocky Raccoon, and want to hear it over and over. I think they like hearing Paul McCartney doing the western drahwl!

Hope your weekend feels especially long :)