Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Driving to Barnes & Noble - A Play in One Act

SETTING
A devastatingly attractive and intelligent couple, D. and Alannah, are in a car. D. is driving.
TIME
November, 2007. A sunny, late afternoon Sunday.


ALANNAH
I can't wait to drink a big coffee and look at trashy magazines

D.
I want that same drink you got last time.

ALANNAH
A vanilla latté? Okay....but it's kind of a pussy drink.

(beat)

ALANNAH
But you're man enough to drink a pussy drink, aren't you?

D.
Um....yeah?

ALANNAH
Say it. Say you're man enough to drink a pussy drink.

D.
(conversational tone)I'm man enough to drink a (whispers) pu(inaudible mumbling) drink.

ALANNAH
No! Say it! Say it louder! You're man enough to drink a pussy drink!

D.
(louder)I'm man enough to drink a (lowers voice considerably) pussy drink!

ALANNAH
Come on! There's no one else here listening! Say it!

D.
(laughing, louder, and this time in a Southern accent)I'm man enough to drink a pussy drink!

ALANNAH
I always knew it.

7 comments:

Step Right Up said...

Hmmm, does he too like to make out with dogs as opposed to smoking cigarettes?

And what the heck happened to my post on that?!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Ha!
Isn't pretty much every coffee drink that isn't straight coffee a "pussy" drink?

Alannah said...

SRU - no way. He smokes cigarettes and is cordially friendly towards dogs.

Cherry - Long live the non-straight coffee drinks!

5 of 9er said...

Classic! Too funny! And really mean too. :)

Alannah said...

I harass because I love, 9er.

Plus, I think we can all see who has the class in this relationship.

Step Right Up said...

the dog?

ReckenRoll said...

I knew I liked you. Too funny!