Sunday, December 09, 2007

Weekend Blahgging

This week's Creepiest Christmas Find is a nativity scene starring a diverse group of Precious Moments-esque kids, currently selling for $9.97 in Wal-Mart..... KIDS!... IN A NATIVITY TABLEAU!... WTF?


I prepared brunch for 10 people today. It pretty much took all day long to prepare, clean up, and recover from. The menu:
  • Tray of cheese, crackers. sausage, and salmon dip
  • lemon blueberry corn muffins
  • ham, swiss, and crimini mushroom "quiche" on puff pastry
  • vegetable quiche with yellow squash and red peppers
  • scalloped potatoes
  • steamed asparagus
D. and I survived the families meeting for the first time. The tree is up and decorated. We accomplished a lot this weekend. Now I'm praying for this ice storm tonight to be bad enough that I can take the morning off tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jonah said...

The Chinese workers will make whatever Wal-Mart will buy.

Alannah said...

They've got to be thinking, "Americans sure are weird."

step right up said...

"Americans sure are weird." Yes, yes we are. I mean, just look at half the stuff we bloggers write about.

Those lemon blueberry cornbread muffins sound like heaven!

The ice storm tonight will not get me out of work tomorrow. Too bad I don't work for a school.

5 of 9er said...

I am a fan of almost all nativities... but that is the scariest nativity of all time. Precious Moments make me want to curl up and die.

Alannah said...

Oh I worked today. It never got quite cold enough for long enough to freeze.

:(

I think it's pretty cute, 9er, that you're a "fan of nativities."

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I'm a fan of destroying all Precious Moments.

Anonymous said...

DUUUDE...when are you going to get a show on BRAVO ro FOOD network? WTF OVER???

FLIP