Monday, March 10, 2008

Confession


Yesterday afternoon I was supposed to be hard at work on an academic calendar for this grant proposal we're working on....

But instead I went in search of and entered EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE internet sweepstakes that offers a vacation as a prize. Magazine web sites are good sources for these, in case you're as desperate as I am to be anywhere but here.

I know it's pathetic and lame and as likely to have a happy outcome as the latest season of Rock of Love....but I'm pathetic and lame and want a free vacation. I mean, someone has to win those things, right?

What have you done lately that you know is pathetic with mathematically impossible odds stacked against you?

4 comments:

AMY said...

Todd enters internet sweepstakes, and he won us a free trip to Hollywood next month. He gets to spend a day with the stunt coordinator of Die Hard IV! (Emiko and I just get to hang around the pool that day.) He also just won a 50" plasma tv and huge ass grill (different sweepstakes). So yeah, you can win!!

Alannah said...

Todd is my idol. I kept thinking about him, in fact, when I was entering these!

Can't wait to see you and Emiko on Saturday!

step right up said...

You're going through a stage. That's what I call it-a stage. I went through it entering sweepstakes online. I quit after getting tons of junk email.

Most pathetic thing lately? Trying to get P to ask his ushers to be ushers and get me his list of addresses. I'm feeling pathetic asking and waiting.

p.s. the inlaws won a trip to Savannah through the History Channel. It can happen! good luck!

marty said...

uhh, pathetic = entering a sweepstakes on domino magazine's website to win a set of organic cleaning products and a washer and dryer.

i win.