Monday, April 07, 2008

Who I Want To Be When I Grow Up

When I was a little girl I had one of those great Dover coloring books of Amelia Earhart. I specifically remember a picture of her standing next to a gorgeous old car with one leg perched on the running board. She looked so tall and strong and beautiful. I was transfixed. Last night PBS showed a documentary about Amelia Earhart. It brought back my childhood crush in a big way. She was a pioneer, an early feminist, and chock-full of style:


9 comments:

Step Right Up said...

I wish I was fearless like her. She was quite stunning, wasn't she?

I'm glad you're YOU.

marty said...

uhm. i want all of her clothes, NOW!

Alannah said...

You remind me of her, Marty! All tall and feisty and gorgeous and stylish and AWESOME!

carolyn says said...

how tall was she actually? i always imagine her as being like 6'3". I used to pretend to be her in my back yard.

Grandpa Bob said...

Alannah, your posts are always so interesting. When you show a picture of Stella, her self portrait, or one of Amelia Earhart upon which you expound it makes me feel good. Way to go! Bob

marty said...

ahh, alannah, that is the best compliment! :)

5 of 9er said...

Where did she go?

5 of 9er said...

... kidding... really.

Lori Mocha said...

Do you also want to be lost at sea?