Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So It Goes...

We're gearing up for our busiest month of the year here at work. July is like jumping on a train with no brakes. Just hold on tight!

Happy Birthday to Kelly/Afro Moon! Let's make 33 a good year, shall we?

Happy Birthday to Jessica! Your birthday dinner was one of the best in recent memory! When can we do it again??

Happy Birthday to Erin who I used to share an office (and so much more) with and miss every day.

I think it just sucks that George Carlin has died. I've been reading/listening to him since I was an impressionable youth. I recognized him early on as a truth teller. There don't seem to be as many truth tellers around anymore, masquerading as "comics." I think Dave Chappelle is one of the few I can name off the top of my head. If you have the chance, you must watch the Iconoclasts episode with him and Maya Angelou. They discuss race, history, and personal challenges in a way that is quite touching.

1 comment:

carolyn says said...

wait, george carlin died? i totally did not hear about this, when??