Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Stars In Alignment

Oh my word, did I ever need this weekend. We had a really great time at Stephanie's for dinner Friday night. The food was amazing and the company even better. I can't wait to do that again! In the meantime I will dream of grilled asparagus and almond cake with fresh berries and vanilla pastry cream.......

Liz and Sean's wedding yesterday was...well, it was perfect. The weather behaved. The spot under the huge oak trees was gorgeous. The small group of family and friends gathered to honor a union that everyone knows is just so good....I cried like a baby throughout the entire ceremony. I just love both of them so much and they are so good together. D. was behind the camera this time so we also got some nice shots of Stella and me for a change.


Liz and Luke, in a shower of rose petals:
Phil, an experienced and talented officiant, and the happy couple.

The kiss.

Luke's first loose tooth.

A pat from mom the bride.

Audrey and Dashiell.

Stella. I love that she let me get a picture of her not making a face.

There was only one toast allowed. Otherwise it would've never ended. Sean appears to be looking down the dress of his new bride.

Liz and me.

Stella and me.

This is mothering a teenage girl.

Mothers and children.

Thanks to the magic of photography, her face did freeze like that, just like they always said.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, what a gorgeous wedding. I loved all those pictures (good job D!) the ones of you and Stella are priceless, absolutely. You are both beautiful, and Stella even looks great MAKING A FACE! By the way, she was just a beam of sweetness Friday. A lot of credit goes to her awesome mom :)

We LOVED having you over. Loved it!

Step Right Up said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE that last photo of Stella making the face. ha ha She even makes funny faces beautiful.

I was HOPING you'd post pics! Why do I not recognize people anymore? If you had not said that was Liz K., I wouldn't have recognized her!

5 of 9er said...

It really looked like the perfect weekend... nice!