Wednesday, September 17, 2008

...And The Other is Gold

I don't know about the rest of you...but I can barely get out of bed in the morning, what with all the ubiquitous political and financial craziness. But I do. Every damn day.

In much happier news, I received a phone call a few weeks ago from one of my oldest and bestest friends in the world. Ginny called to tell me she and her sweetie are getting married next summer. And since, apparently, we plan our vacations around out-of-town weddings, I'm thrilled that she's still living in Colorado.

Because I've spent the past ten days in a full-blown, debilitating nostalgia-coma, courtesy of a certain Facebook group, it seemed only fitting to drag out old photos of Ginny and me. I am so happy for her and can't WAIT to finally see where she's lived for the past few years.

Here we are as members of Eureka Springs Junior High's Homecoming Court. 1988, probably. I think the concept of a junior high homecoming is hysterically funny. My dress is Gunne Sax, I think purchased from The Brass Buckle at the mall.


8th grade Halloween. 1989? I would call this our goth pagan phase.

1999. We were at a masquerade ball for the May Festival of the Arts in Eureka. I'm Aphrodite and she's Medusa.
New Year's Eve 2001. I was living in Eureka again and she came to visit for the holidays.


This is the last time we hung out - 2003. I brought my bead stuff over to her mom's huge deck. We drank beers, slapped mosquitoes, and caught up.

I can't wait to add to this photo timeline. There is something very special about having friends for more than 25 years (and counting!).

3 comments:

Step Right Up said...

Man, I wish I had been living somewhere far more exciting than DSM when I got married. I'm so sorry you had to use your vacation time to come here but so glad you did!

I always say Old Friends are Gold Friends!
Please offer my congrats to Ginny the next time you talk to her!

Alannah said...

Stacey! That's not what I meant by that! I am an insane workaholic person who only feels the NEED to go somewhere when I'm invited - that's all. I'm the one with the problem, here. Let's get that straight.

Now why can't someone I know get married in Napa Valley? Or Key West?

Step Right Up said...

I know. I know you didn't mean that. But it still doesn't change the fact that I'm sorry you had to go to DSM of all places!

V (from the wedding) is getting married next year. Mexico or Vegas. Either one sounds great to me!