Monday, October 06, 2008

Gettin' Unionized

D. and I had a much-needed weekend of out-of-town fun when we attended our friends Allison and Adam's wedding in Little Rock. I first met Allison about five years ago when we were the only two single ladies, surrounded by couples, at a cabin that a group of our friends rented for the weekend. She is this sharp, hilarious, kicking-ass-and-taking-names kind of a woman, so naturally she's a lawyer! As if planning a wedding weren't stressful enough all on its own, she also recently passed the bar. Who does that sort of thing?? But that's just the sort of challenge she steps up to and conquers, barely breaking a sweat.

The reception was held at The Capitol Hotel, which, oh my...is just the perfect, lovely, most elegant setting.

I would love to see this photo painted as a portrait, and hung in some grand hall.
Carrie, looking pensive. I made this necklace thinking of her, so of course she had to have it.

Dick took nearly everyone for a spin on the dancefloor...

...even me!

D. and I are the lone representatives for NW Arkansas...everyone else from central region. Here's our "cabin group." I love how happy Adam and Allison look here.

Awww. We really do have fun at weddings. It's amazing how being in a happy relationship made all my wedding phobia/cynicism disappear.

No comments: