Friday, October 31, 2008

Hippy Halloween, Y'all!

The weirdest thing has happened: a veil of calm has settled over me.

Whatever's going to happen with this election, with this country, will happen. I have strong survival skills and, if all else fails, contacts all over the world in case I need to escape. But I'm not afraid anymore.

I just got paid today and it's all gone already. Pushing numbers from one column to another, in essence. But hey - I'm paying my bills, you know? I live pretty well, the way I see it.

I had my grandmother (hi Mommom!) over for dinner tonight. She makes me so proud. She's never stopped growing and learning. I can't imagine what it must be like for her, growing up in rural south Arkansas in the 1930s, and now, you know...emailing her family. She's awesome.

There's a lot going on tonight but I need quiet time, and enjoy this eerie sense of peace.

Breathe in deep, exhale long.

Then, because I still can, dork it out and dance alone around the living room - "Little Mascara" by The Replacements, "Everyday People" by Sly and The Family Stone, Erykah Badu, "That's All" by Genesis, etc.

Count your blessings instead of sheep tonight.

2 comments:

I Know Right? said...

i think i shall count Bourbons on the rocks instead.

AMD said...

Me & Andrew have long ago decided that no matter what happens tomorrow, we will be o.k. HUGS.

I am so stoked, I'm making OBAMA cupcakes tonite to distribute to my peoples tomorrow!