Saturday, October 11, 2008

Taking Advantage of Perfect Camping Weather

Last night our school organized a camping trip to White Rock. I took Stella and two of her friends (plus the dog!).

Here are most of the students around the campfire. From left to right we see the following countries represented: Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Iraq, Korea, Uzbekistan, and Indonesia. I think.

Most of them will return home this next week. I sure will miss these faces! From left to right here we have students from Iraq, Uzbekistan, Indonesia, and China. These students, in particular, have demonstrated the best possible attitudes - eager, adventurous, open-minded, hard-working, curious, and a whole lot of fun.

Saturday morning Stella and her friends and I slept way past everyone else. I won't lie - it felt great to comfortably sleep in a tent. We woke up at 9:30 and everyone had made breakfast, cleaned up, and had already broken down camp. We took our time, missed out on the group hike and, since we'd missed everything else, decided to leave later and take our time. We walked down to the overlook and I think the girls were equally as excited to take pictures at White Rock. Stella has a great eye for photography. Maybe she'll let me post some of hers sometime.

Here are the girls on the ledge.

I hadn't been to White Rock in over ten years. That's just crazy! Look how pretty it is...the colors are just starting to change.

Lucy making me nervous by one of the bluffs.

Looking toward the northwest.

Looking straight down.

Trying to get a good shot of Stella the Photographer.


5 comments:

AMD said...

OMG! Just..OMG!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry, but I can't even look at that picture of Stella on the edge of the cliff without getting that paralyzing sensation all over my skin!
But yes, I for one would LOVE to see her photographs :)

Oh, how good a fall camping trip sounds right now.

Alannah said...

I think in all those pictures where it looks like Stella is on the edge of a steep cliff, there are actually more rock shelves below...not that that's any safer...

Step Right Up said...

I notice you were nervous about Lucy but what about Stella? I would've been screaming "get back from that ledge!" ha ha

Alannah said...

I like to think Stella has more common sense than Lucy. But she IS a teenager...