Monday, November 03, 2008

That's My Girl!

ETA: This is Stella's carefully-planned election day outfit:
Stella has spent all afternoon and evening debating politics with her classmates on Facebook. She keeps going back to Factcheck.org to refute the claims of her McCain-bot friends.

She's more fired up about this election than any other 13 year old I know.


...I'm still trying to figure out tomorrow night's menu. Definitely cupcakes (great idea, AiLien, btw) decorated with the Obama logo...Stella says I should make pizza dough tonight so everyone can make their own pizza. Hmm...it IS a very democratic idea...

3 comments:

Jeff Mac said...

Awesome! You're raising a good one there, Flossie!

My sister (outside of Richmond, VA) has 14 year old twins. One of them is kind of a spaz, doesn't care, wishes he could write in his own candidate. But one of them watches and loves Colbert and the Daily Show, and is rooting for Obama. (Their high school voted narrowly for Obama. By, like, 5 votes.)

Just a few more hours until real results...

stephanie said...

Sweet!
I love it. I always feel so proud when W goofs around about "moose stew." Maybe not nearly as intellectual as referencing factcheck.org, but I'll take it :)

Grandpa Bob said...

Way to go Stella! Did you see the Election 2008 on Saturday Night Live? It was a blast!