Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Came Early

Want to totally make someone's day?

Compliment a random stranger on her outfit.*

That happened to me last weekend and my step is still a little spring-y as a result. Especially because my outfit that day was one of those tear-through-the-clothes-to-find-something-relatively-flattering, cute, comfortable, and clean-in-10-minutes kind of a deal. I would name my look Sartorial Schizophrenia. I think it was patterned tights, cowgirl boots, denim pencil skirt, light blue t-shirt, and black cardigan. I'm pretty sure my hair was dirty therefore in a ponytail. See? It sounds so wrong and yet...to this one woman in Home Depot, it was so right. Or maybe she was messing with my head. Maybe she turned down the Lighting aisle and laughed her ass off and tried to sneak back around and take my picture with her cell phone so she could post it to some Fashion Don'ts web site. If you ever see this outfit on the internet, please don't bring it to my attention. Let me live in the fantasy that this sweat-panted stranger thought I had a good thing going on.



*Make sure said compliment is sincere and non-creepy.

1 comment:

Megan Chapman said...

I love this..

Congrats on your fashion savvy.
patterned tights and cowgirl boots.. hello. You had me right there.

By the way, I am one of those strangers that if I see a lady and I admire her style, I will walk right up to her and say what I think, and I have seen the smile, and then felt my face lighten up as well.

That kinda thing is golden for the giver and the receiver- lets all be kinder..and keep rockin' the cowgirl boots.. :)