Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Past Week

Well let's see here...

After an intense, emotional two-hour meeting, my AWOL student decided to return home. It was the right decision. I learned that a lot more human rights violations are occurring in second world countries than we like to think. And unfairness happens in all governments but in some way more than others...Still, he had to go home and he knew it. I'm glad he's with his family and his work.

Christmas was relaxed and overall very good. We've been able to see many of the people we'd hoped to over the holidays...but definitely not everyone. If I missed you, I sure hope to catch you next time. Besides quality over quantity is the way to go.

I have a very good friend of mine who is really angry with me right now. It's a terrible place to be but it's also got me thinking about things I can change in this new year. I'm looking forward to a healthier body and a healthier mind. I will work on saying what I mean and meaning what I say. I am going to say "no" more often and "yes" more often. I want to battle time less. I want to read, listen, and create more. I want to be a better me. Bring it on Oh Nine!!

1 comment:

Step Right Up said...

It is so hard to fit everyone in to a holiday weekend. Trust me, I know all too well. Sorry to hear you have a good friend angry with you. I hope all can be forgiven and you two can go back to good times!
Love and Mistletoe to ya!