Friday, January 30, 2009

I Hate Ice

We've been out of work and school since Tuesday. It has not been a fun vacation. I am tired, I am cold, I am stinky, and I want my life back.

In the bakery this morning, where I had come seeking hot food and coffee, I heard people talk about getting their power back yesterday and I started to seethe with anger and jealousy. The worst are the people who never lost power. I hate them.

I wonder what happens to those who live "off the grid" during these times? Because I'm not so good having to passively wait for the grid to be back up again.

Going on 70 hours of no power and rapidly losing my mind....

1 comment:

jessica said...

Not only was I stuck at my house, and I still am...can't move my car still...I have been getting sicker all week. Uggg. I did walk to Charla's one day, its kinda a long way. Man am I dependent on my luxuries.